Many of the hikes at N2Backpacking have a trip report or two from our travels on the trail. In most cases, these trip reports are password protected since some of my friends aren’t fond of social media.
But some are not … and you can always click to YourHikes.com where many of my trip reports are shared openly.
There are a number of formats for trip reports at N2Backpacking:
1. Daytimer (scanned, and from 1990 to 1998)
2. Backcountry Log (scanned, and from 1994 to 1998)
3. Word document (long version, and from 1998 to 2005)
4. Word document (short version, and from 2005 to 2012)
5. Paper (scanned, mostly Canada trips in 2000’s)
6. WordPress page (from 2012 and on…)
The formats vary, but the mission remains – to have a database of our travels that I can revisit well in to old age. If you wish to do the same, I encourage you to visit YourHikes.com where you can track your hikes and trip reports. And it’s a much easier process than I have here.